With the late, Arizona winter setting in, we all crave a hearty dish to warm us up after a long day. However, with New Year's resolutions centered on shrinking our center, our favorites plates often need to be cast aside in order to fulfill this yearly goal.
Replace your pre-existing meatball recipe with these healthy turkey meatballs to fill your stomach while also toning it.
• 1 - 1.5 lbs. of ground turkey
• 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup breadcrumbs (for gluten free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs)
• ⅓ cup dried parsley
• 1 Tbsp dried basil
• 1 - 1.5 tsp seasoned salt (on taste)
• black pepper
• 3 Tbsp homemade spaghetti sauce, or crushed tomatoes
1. In a bowl, combine everything except the turkey and mix well.
2. Add the turkey and incorporate all ingredients with your hands.
3. Form small balls of the meat and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes (or until meatballs are fully cooked)
5. Place the meatballs in your favorite sauce and simmer for 30 minutes. (optional) .
Serve over a plate of whole wheat pasta or munch on them by themselves.
Recipe courtesy of iamthatlady.com