Looking for some Mexican cuisine on the healthy side? Check out this recipe that will surely satisfy both your taste buds and diet.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound white flaky fish fillet, like tilapia and halibut
½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons chipotle pepper, adobo sauce
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 ½ cups shredded green cabbage or lettuce
½ cup corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the fish fillets and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Put the yogurt into a strainer lined with a paper towel and place over a bowl to drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and grill on a preheated grill or nonstick grill pan over a medium-high heat until cooked thorough, about 3 minutes per side. Set the fish aside on a plate for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the thickened yogurt, mayonnaise, and chipotle pepper.
- Heat the tortillas on the grill or grill pan for 30 seconds on each side.
- Flake the fish with a fork. Top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle cream. Top with fish, cabbage, corn and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.