Think you can't take anymore of this Arizona heat? Move the party indoors - luau style.
A Hawaiian-themed event will give you a taste of the islands without leaving the state. Food, fun and drinks will tie it all together and keep your guests talking about your event in the hot summer days to come.
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes -
This delicious dessert is simple and looks oh-so-tropical sitting on your snack table.
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
24 maraschino cherries
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
1 package of pineapple cake mix
1 1/3 cups of pineapple juice
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 table spoon of confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted butter on to the bottom of each cup
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of brown sugar into each cup.
- Press one maraschino cherry into the center of the brown sugar in each cup
- Tablespoon of crushed pineapple over cherry and brown sugar, compress it so it is an even layer in each cup
- Mix pineapple cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds.
- Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour pineapple cake batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top; do not overfill.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting muffin cups onto the waxed paper to release. Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up. Sprinkle cupcakes lightly with confectioners' sugar.
No party is complete without a tropical drink in hand.
Pink Bikini - place coconuts or pineapples out for your guests to use as cups!
- 1 (1.75-liter) bottle raspberry lemonade,
- 1 3/4 cups coconut rum
- 1 cup amaretto liqueur
- Stir and serve over ice
Keep decor simple by adorning your tables with palm fronds and border the edges with inexpensive grass skirts to set the theme. Place a bucket of flip flops by the door as party favors for your guests to keep everyone nice and cool while they enjoy the luau!