Do you love Mounds bars but don't love the calories? We've hit the drawing board to bring you your favorite treats but with less guilt. Check out our recipe for a healthy alternative to your favorite candy.
· 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
· 1/4 cup agave syrup
· 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
· 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 1/3 tsp salt
· 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Process all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor.
2. Tightly press the filling into the bottoms of mini muffin cups or squeeze into rounded tablespoonfuls. Freeze at least 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the chocolate coating by melting chocolate in heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
4. Line a tray with wax or parchment paper, then pop out the now-hardened coconut treats and coat in chocolate
5. Immediately put them in the fridge or freezer. Store in refrigerator for up to one week.