Use this sweet treat to say "thank you" to your mom. You'll be surprised by how easy this recipe is and she will be surprised that it tastes so good!
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar + 1 tbsp for meringue
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 500g strawberry
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with 1 tbsp sugar. Set aside.
- Beat the yolks and the remaining sugar (from 1 cup of sugar) on high speed for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick, pale and ribbons.
- Lower the speed and add water and vanilla extract.
- Increase to high speed again and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture to the yolk mixture without mixing it. Set aside.
- Beat the whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peak.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and beat until it forms a hard peak (should be stiff and when you put the bowl upside down, the mixture won’t fall).
- Add 1/3 white mixture to the yolk with a spatula and gently fold until incorporated. Repeat the process for the remaining white mixture.
- With a cooking spray or butter, grease your 9 inch (22 cm) baking tin and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After the cake is baked. Cool it down.
- Cut in half. Spread some whipped cream in the middle of the cake. Add cut strawberries.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream. You can garnish your cake with more strawberries and roasted sliced almond.
Happy Mother's Day!