With more fresh produce being harvested, why not start the season off right with this zesty, easy-to-make recipe? The preparation is simple and fast, but the flavors will be the talk to the night!
Asian Inspired Soft Tacos
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, chopped into 1x1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped steak and teriyaki marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the ginger, sesame seeds, orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Add the grated cucumber and shredded carrots to the bowl and toss gently. Season the slaw with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble tacos.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat until hot. Add chopped steak, along with the marinade and saute until cooked through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the tacos, place 1/4 cup of the cucumber and carrot slaw in each tortilla. Top with 2 oz. of the hot Teriyaki steak and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Repeat and enjoy.
Add Sriracha to add some more flavor and heat to this dish.