With our participation in the Mitzvahs & More Expo at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas on August 24th - we thought it would be fitting to share our bar/bat mitzvah tips for throwing an unforgettable mitzvah.
- Budget - Decide your budget with your spouse. How much are you willing to spend on this party? Set a maximum amount - and try not to push past it.
- Caterer - Book your caterer immediately. Just remember, when the party is over - the food is what people will remember. Make sure to pick a quality caterer who will give your party the best reputation for years to come. Request a proposal here.
- Pick the venue: A convenient location for out-of-town guests as well as local is key. A few things to take into consideration are parking, the grounds and facility, and space. A staple in a good mitzvah is the dance floor - make sure there is enough room for that!
- Theme: If you would like to pick a theme - go for it! We've seen all different themes like underwater, fiesta, carnival...you name it! The traditional mitzvah is always appreciated but it's really up to what you and your child want to do.
- It's all in the details: It's easy to pick a theme and run with it, but it's always very easy to go overboard. Too many themed decorations can start to seem cheesy after a while. Have an awesome creative invitation sent to your guests and a gift for your guests to take home as a memento of the spectacular evening.
- Photography/Videography: Hire a photographer and/or videographer to capture the night. One hot trend now is the photo booth. It's a fun way to capture relaxed, fun photos and personalities can really shine through!
- The cake: Have a cake created that reflects your theme and tastes good too!
- Open Bar?: Everyone loves an open bar but just make sure there are snacks around for guests to enjoy, so the party doesn't get out of hand too quickly.
Mitzvahs are supposed to be fun and a time to celebrate with your family - so don't get too wrapped up in everything. Relax and enjoy!