Impress your friends and family with this fun twist on chicken burgers for your Memorial Day barbecue! Subtle Thai flavors come together with a sweet chilli sauce to create a taste that is mouth watering. Be the talk of the party with this chicken burger!
• 1 1b. ground chicken (preferably dark meat)
• 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
• ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
• 2 shallots, very finely minced
• 1 tsp. very finely minced red chili (or more or less, however hot you like it)
• 2 tsp. fish sauce
• ½ tsp. coarse sea salt
• 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. canola, grapeseed or safflower oil
1. Thoroughly mix the chicken with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers, each about ¾-inch thick.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until nicely marked and firm to the touch.